Making alternative Paper Pumpkin cards is a fun way to get more life out of your monthly papercrafting-in-a-box! My friend Rhonda has been a Paper Pumpkin subscriber for awhile now and she’s always has a simple and lovely twist on the ideas in her box just like this one from a couple months ago.
Here was the photo Stampin’ Up! published for the February 2018 Paper Pumpkin projects.
Rhonda’s has a pretty different look, doesn’t it? While she used the stamps that came with her box, she had fun with a couple different techniques.
How did she have fun making alternative Paper Pumpkin Cards?
- She first masked off the strip on a 4” x 5 1/4” piece of Whisper White cardstock (strip about 2” x 4”) with scrap paper top and bottom (TIP1: a couple large Post-it notes work like a charm for this.)
- Then she pulled out her blue and green ink pads and sponged ink onto the exposed strip of white. (TIP2: You can use a sponge or sponge dauber to do this or smoosh your stamp pad directly onto your paper.)
- Next, she repeatedly stamped two stamps “your awesomeness” and “big time” to create an all-over script with Old Olive ink. (TIP3: No need to get it exactly straight, although photopolymer stamps make this pretty easy to do.)
- To pull it all together, she stamped the flowers a few times in her green and blue so the stems extended down into the white area and up into the script background.
- Her final step was to stamp the bold “celebrate” in Memento ink below the panel and add a few black rhinestones to embellish.
I would say a darn classy card and not a thing like the ideas that came in her box.
So what is Paper Pumpkin?
It’s creativity in a box delivered right to your door every month. It’s your “don’t-have-to-think-or-plan” crafting time you carve out just for you where you’ll have several projects completed at the end of about an hour! When you don’t have time to come up with an idea on your own and you need a card quick, it’s Paper Pumpkin to the rescue!
- Plus you get to save time and money while you build a collection of crafting supplies.
- Just think, every month you’ll get a unique photopolymer stamp set with at least one smaller ink spot. And you won’t get a repeat colour in a 12-month period so it’s a fabulous way to get your colours a few at a time.
- And with your first kit, you’ll get a free clear stamping block that you’ll use every month.
- Every kit is complete with all the paper, embellishments, and even glue dots to get you crafting immediately.
Here was July’s kit.
It’s true not every single box you receive might be 100% up your alley. And maybe you’re not like Rhonda and able to dream up something to create. So feel free to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) ideas on my Pinterest board for inspiration. I know you’ll come up with one or two that take your fancy.
And if you like other types of projects, you’ll get home decor and fun treatholders projects too. I had fun making this alternative design with the totally cute stockings last November.
OK now we get to the BEST part. Until August 10th, as a new subscriber, you can get your first month 50% off. Just click here to get started and use code BLOOM0818
Sometimes we just want to paper craft right? No thinking, planning or cutting. Maybe you’re on vacation and can’t lug all your supplies with you. Maybe they’re packed away because you’re moving.
Wherever you’re at, that’s exactly when this box-in-the-mail is your go-to crafting inspiration. And if you do have a little creative spark in you, making alternative Paper Pumpkin cards is another way you can express yourself – fabulously, like Rhonda did.