Want to know my favorite color combination for greeting cards? The one that will always bring a smile to even the biggest naysayer? A cheerful combination that brings sunshine to a gloomy winter day?
Now it can be just about any yellow, but I picked this one today to drive away any mid-winter slumps!
It’s pretty simple really…and wanna know a secret?
You don’t have to even COLOUR your images for effective designs like these ones.
Cute ducklings ideal to celebrate spring, wish a happy day or cheer up a sick friend. And there’s NOTHING like a cheerful POP of a sunny yellow with our 2019-2020 In Color Pineapple Punch. Set against a crisp white and bold black, it’s guaranteed to rev up my creative juices.
A tip? Try to resist adding additional colour to your stamping. While it saves you time (and who can’t use a little more of that?), the mix of colour contrast is the draw! Well I guess it’s not a mix of colour at all is it? Black and white are technically “non-colours”😜
Wondering what my black paper just peeking out is? It’s Botanical Butterflies DSP, free with a $60 order right now. Gorgeous bright colour on one side with fabulous black and white on the reverse. This has been uber popular this Sale-a-bration so make sure you grab yours before it’s gone!
I used a second piece to decorate the envelope flap. Although we could quickly fold up a 3”x3” envelope with our Envelope Punch Board and matching patterned paper, I wanted the contrast of white and black to stand out. Which it does wonderfully on my mini square envelopes.
I love to make mini cards for a little thank you or hostess gift. They take practically no time to craft and are always appreciated. And when I get to use my favorite color combination for greeting cards, I’m a happy stamper!
My Favorite Color Combination for Greeting Cards
Let me give you all the deets so you can whip up a few of these right away. The measurements are enough to make four 3×3 note cards with matching envelopes in a little gift bag.
Cuttin’ It Up
- Pineapple Punch cardstock – 4 pieces 3” x 6”, scored at 3”
- Botanical Butterflies DSP – 4 pieces 2 7/8” x 2 7/8” each from a different design, 4 pieces 2″ x 3 1/4″, cut in 4 matching designs
- Whisper White cardstock – 4 pieces 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”
- Pineapple Punch 1/8” grosgrain ribbon – 4 pieces about 6” long
- Whisper White cardstock – 1” x 3”
- Pineapple Punch cardstock – 1 piece 1 1/4” x 3 1/4”
- Basic Black cardstock – scrap
- Pineapple Punch 1/8” grosgrain ribbon – 1 piece about 12” long
Let’s Make It
- Stamp images and words in Memento ink onto Whisper White squares and mount onto designer paper. TIP: stamp all your pieces at once so you can put away your ink pad and clean your stamps.
- Glue to front of folded Pineapple Punch card.
- Create a bow and apply to front with a glue dot. TIP: see an easy way to fold a tiny bow with my video. TIP: I chose to only decorate two with a bow. You can decide which you like best.
- Adhere matching piece of patterned paper to outside flap of envelope with SNAIL. Trim away excess. TIP: Open up your flap and turn so you can see the back side of the designer paper around the edges to get a close cut.
- Stamp greeting onto Whisper White cardstock. TIP: leave lots of room on the left to be able to punch your hold to tie to your bag.
- Punch end of both the Whisper White and Pineapple Punch strips with the Triple Banner punch. Glue together.
- Use handheld punch to make a hole near the left end.
- Crop a flower from the Springtime thinlits from Basic Black paper. Add to top left with a glue dot. TIP: make sure to avoid the hold punch! Affix enamel dot in middle.
- Insert cards and envelopes and tie top closed with ribbon. TIP: knot ribbon once around bag, then insert through hole in tag and tie a bow.
It’s Up to You
What about you? Can you resist this bright and clear mix of colour? I’ll bet it’s hard!
So now it’s your turn to get out your stamp supplies and give this bright colour combo a try. And get your free Botanical Butterfly paper at the same time when your order reaches $60. Or take a peek at all the SAB items.My Favorite Color Combination for Greeting Cards
You know what? This colour combination doesn’t always need to be bright and bold either. For a more muted effect, try So Saffron like in this gorgeous Butterfly Beauty design.
So when you think you might need a shot of inspiration, or a quick pick-me-up? Give my favourite color combination for greeting cards a try – I think it’ll give you the boost you need!