Some of my favourite dies are retiring!
It’s a bittersweet time of year for us all! Stampin’ Up! has just released their Retiring Lists! Items that we love have hit the cutting room floor and will no longer be available for purchase.
If you missed yesterday’s blog with the lists, click here.
There are so so many items retiring, but I had to share this beautiful set of dies and stamps one more time.
My Favourite Dies Are Retiring
The Butterfly Beauty Dies were one of our first to layer with all this gorgeous detail. Here’s the very first design I shared with you.
It’s great when you have a set of stamps and dies that do most of the work of making fabulous cards. Two quick zips through the die cutting machine, some glue and your card is complete!
There are so many dies in this set. Two of them are quite large, with a fluttering set of 5 butterflies that layer perfectly on top of one another. Then there are tons of little butterflies to layer – or not! The possibilities are almost endless. You can see the dies a little closer here.
My customers tell me, “you can never have too many butterflies.” I absolutely agree.
Especially when you can use them in multiple ways.
They’re Not Just for Cards
If your passion is creating home decor pieces, this set of dies is perfect! This is a framed piece we created at an all day retreat a couple years ago. Guests chose from three different colours to make a pretty design like this.
Here’s another idea made with just the one large butterfly. It’s a quick easel fold card we made together in my Facebook Live you can see here.
Let me give you the steps to make today’s card.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Coastal Cabana – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″, scraps
- Soft Sea Foam – 4″ x 5 1/4″, scraps
- Basic White – 3 3/4″ x 5″, scraps
- Pool Party sheer ribbon – about 3″
Let’s Make It!
- Position scraps of Coastal Cabana on largest butterfly and run through your die cutting machine. Repeat with Soft Sea Foam cardstock scrap and the less detailed die for the second butterfly. Carefully trim both if there are any other parts of butterflies still attached. Glue together with liquid glue.
- Run Basic White panel through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss with Parisian Flourish embossing folder. Glue to Soft Sea Foam panel then to front of folded card.
- Stamp greeting on scrap of Basic White and punch out with 1 1/2″ circle punch. Punch 2″ circle from Coastal Cabana scrap and glue together.
- Punch Label Me Lovely punch from scrap of Soft Sea Foam and glue circles on top.
- Fold ribbon in half and attach to back of sentiment with a glue dot to hold in place. Add dimensionals to back and position on top left of card.
- Glue butterfly to bottom right with liquid glue.
- Add sequins as desired.
These Aren’t the Only Things Retiring
Maybe some dies you’ve had your eye on for awhile but they just haven’t made it into your craft supplies are going to be gone soon.
Today’s card also has both the circle punches retiring! (in fact all three are!)
Now’s the time to get both the dies and punches before they sell out. There are no guarantees they will be available for very long. In fact with the Last Chance Retiring Lists, items are only available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Add them to your own stash by clicking on any of them here.Supplies I Used
Enjoy This Design
I hope you found this design one you’ll make at home. I love to hear what you like best about it!
Click here to leave a comment.
Now you know which of my favourite dies are retiring, it’s time to pull out your list and make sure your favourite dies that maybe you don’t even have yet, isn’t going to be disappearing – get it now!