I want to show you quick card making with watercolour pencils. Remember how much fun colouring was as a youngster? Well, it’s just as much fun today! And if you know how to colour already, you’ve got the basics down for a beginner stamper!
This is the ideal project for those new to paper crafting! Why?
- It’s fast so you get almost instant gratification.
- Almost no way to fail! There’s very little to make a mistake on.
- And there are only four supplies to make today’s project!
- It’s inexpensive. You can get all the supplies and make 20 cards for under $60!
How great is that?
Let’s see what you need.Just 4 Supplies!
Create Cards Fast!
If you are new to rubber stamping and want to see if it’s a craft you’ll enjoy, this is an inexpensive way to try it out!
Watercolour pencils and blender pens are some of the most versatile tools in a rubber stamper’s toolkit! There are 13 pencils and with those, you can create all kinds of colours. And blender pens come in a set of three which will last a long time!
Add a basic black stamp pad and you’re almost set to make a lovely card like this.
Once you have those supplies, you just need to pick out a stamp set. I like to add ones to my stash that are more versatile. Click here to see my top tips for selecting sets.
The Beautiful Moments stamp set is one I recommend. It’s a wonderful variety of stamps, perfect for vacation, beach, kids and friend themes. I know you’ll use over and over again for cards. And I bet they’d come in handy if you like to scrapbook too!
Quick Card Making With Watercolour Pencils
Let me give you some tips to create vibrant colour for these images.
Three Steps to Beautiful Handmade Cards
- Stamp your image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a folded Very Vanilla Notecard.
- Colour image with watercolour pencils. TIP: colour with a swirling, circular motion rather than in harsh lines. BIGGER TIP: Colour over top of the black detail lines with another shade of your same colour. I used the Pacific Point pencil crayon for the dress and used Bermuda Bay in the detail lines.
- Soften the colours by running a blender pen over the coloured image.
If you want to get a little bit fancy, you can also stamp your envelope with Memento ink and colour the images in too. It’s a great way to coordinate the card and envelope.
Here are a few more ideas from Stampin’ Up! showcasing this lovely set.
Give It a Try!
If you’re looking for a new past time that’s fun, rewarding, and a great way to send someone a hug in the mail, rubber stamping could be it!
Thanks So Much
I’m always so thankful to have crafters like you stop by to check out my latest project. I hope it gives you a bit of inspiration to get out some stamps and make something remarkable.
I post regularly with all kinds of tips and tricks so check back often so you don’t miss a thing!
Rubber stamping and paper crafting is a great way to fill your time. It’s a huge sense of accomplishment when you can be creative while adding quick card making with watercolour pencils to your hobbies – you’ll love it!