Quick handmade card making is a real thing! Yes, you can create stunning cards just like this one with a few basic supplies! Let me tell you exactly how!
But first let’s see our project today.
Don’t you love navy, white and yellow together? I’m a sucker for this colour combination! In fact I love it so much these were my wedding colours.
And there’s just something so cheerful about a sunflower! You can’t help but smile when you see one. You know I love them because it’s my logo! LOL!🤓
That patterned paper comes from a super duper package. 24 sheets with all kinds of textured designs! Think home reno and rich wood tones! Here’s a sprinkling of all the designs you get in one package.
Which one would you be tempted to create with first? I had to start with that lovely blue pattern…reminds me of my Delft crockery in my kitchen.
Let me give you the tips and measurements to recreate this card with my step-by-step guide.
Quick Handmade Card Making
What makes this such a quick card to make?
- Letting the colour and the stamps do all your work.
- Stamping with fabulous colours and designs
- relying on classic colours for a pop of WOW!
- Using punches to create focal point sentiments
- Cutting patterned paper to add background interest
- adding a simple embellishment for some sparkle
OK, here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- patterned paper – 1 1/2″ x 4″
- Night of Navy cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White cardstock – 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, scraps
- Basic Gray cardstock – scrap
- Crinkled Seam Binding – about 3″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2. Adhere patterned paper to piece of Whisper White. Adhere to left side of folded card front.
2. Stamp greeting from the Many Mates stamp set with Night of Navy ink onto scrap of Whisper White. Punch out with Label Me Fancy punch.
3. Stamp sunflower with Mango Melody ink onto scrap of Whisper White. Crop with sunflower die or cut with scissors. Glue to middle of patterned paper.
4. Punch second label from scrap of Basic Gray cardstock. Cut it in half from side to side with scissors. Glue each piece in behind Whisper White greeting so a narrow edge extends beyond the shape. Fold ribbon in half and glue to right hand side of the back of the greeting with a glue dot. (See the photo).
4. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to back and adhere to card so the label extends into the bottom right of the strip of patterned paper. Add one basic rhinestone above sentiment to the right.
Isn’t that a fun – and quick card?
How About Some Variations?
Now how about if I told you I made 5 cards all on this theme with one sheet of 6×6 patterened paper? Yup, here they are.
And what if I told you I had made these cards exactly the same but without the sunflower.
I’d love it if you leave me a comment with which ones you like better!
If you love how quick this card is to put together , here’s another card with the exact same type of design, but this one for the guys.
Let’s See What You Can Make!
Pull out some patterned paper with a fun design like this In Good Taste paper. Add in a couple punches and a spectacular stamp to make your cardmaking so much quicker.
Add any of the supplies I used into your own craft stash by clicking on any of them here.Quick Handmade Card Making
Make Up. Batch Today!
Get in some quick card making with classic colours like I used! You’ll be rewarded not only by seeing someone’s great smile when they open it. You’ll also feel wonderful for having spent some time crafting!
Here’s one final peek.
Quick handmade card making shouldn’t take you a lot of time – so go ahead and make up a batch of this design for all kinds of occasions!