This simple card to make with patterned paper is just so sweet! Plus whenever I can create a super fast (but not have it look like I did!) card, I am all over it!
Check out the instructions below to make your first Happy Heart Day card!
I had to play with the Sweet Talk DSP first from all the things I got in my new mini items and wanted a card you could make pretty quickly with a WOW factor!
With such great paper, you don’t want to hide it too much! So the simple little strip of Highland Heather studded with the Dotty Hearts embossing folder is just enough to add a bit of polish!
Now you might be wondering where that embossing folder is. It’s from the 2021-22 Annual Catalogue on the bottom of page 154 and comes in a set of two. I think it got lost in the shuffle a little bit with all the wonderful things so you might have missed it too.
Let’s take a mo to see all the cute designs in this designer series paper!
I’m not sure this paper screams Valentine’s! What do you think?
Click here to leave a comment.
I love how it’s just really cheery and cute!
Don’t you think it immediately sends an “I’m thinking of you” message to someone who might need a bit of cheering up with a paper hug right now? I bet there’s someone in your life who would love it!
Simple Card to Make with Patterned Paper
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Gorgeous Grape cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Highland Heather cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″, 1 1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White cardstock – 1″ x 1″
- Petal Pink cardstock – 1 1/8″ x 1 1/8″
- white baker’s twine – about 20″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold Gorgeous Grape card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder. Glue Sweet Talk hearts paper to the Highland Heather panel and set aside.
2. Insert the Highland Heather strip into the Dotty Hearts embossing folder and run through the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Glue to the bottom middle of the Highland Heather panel so it extends from one side to the other. Wrap white basic twine around two times and tie a bow in about the middle of the card. Adhere Highland Heather panel to the folded card with Stampin’ SEAL.
3. Stamp greeting with Gorgeous Grape ink onto Basic White square. Stamp heart in middle with Petal Pink then glue piece to Petal Pink square with liquid glue or Stampin’ SEAL. Add dimensionals to the back and adhere to right side of the card front about 3/8″ from the right over top of the white twine.
4. Add one iridescent rhinestone to the left of the bow.
Simple, and pretty!
If you like simple card ideas using designer series paper, here’s another card for the guys that’s even more simple!
Create a Simple Card!
This design is one you can create over and over again using the supplies you have on hand. I couldn’t resist this candy hearts one. And while I focussed on the purples, with all the colours in this paper, you might like to pull out the pink or red or the yellow or orange.
If you like, click here to see all the supplies I did use that you can pin, print or order from!
Each one of the 12″ x 12″ DSP would make 6 cards. With two sheets in every package, that’s 12 cards quick and easy. And so many more patterns that are just as sweet!
So think of how fast you’d be able to get all your “Happy Heart Day” greetings stamped and addressed!
Even if you’re not creating for Valentine’s Day, you will love creating with this DSP and design. Share this simple card to make with patterned paper and send a hug and a smile through the mail.