Today let’s make a simple embossed card to say a special thank you! This one has a beautiful punch and even more gorgeous paper to take it to the WOW level!
Let’s take a peek.
This little note card packs a big punch! The Tulip Builder punch! Create a little posy in seconds with a quick punch!
And it’s easy to craft quickly when you use the pre-cut and scored notecards. They come in a pack of 20 with matching envelopes so you have lots to play with and don’t need to even cut and score!
Amp your card up even more by using an embossed greeting background so there’s not a stamp to be found!
Simple Embossed Card
Even though this is a quick and easy note card, there are lots of elements to make it special. Things like the:
Shimmery Glimmery Flower
Isn’t it awesome? It’s made from the 2021-23 In Color package. This colour is Fresh Freesia, which is a lovely orchid-y colour. So fresh and perfect with the Soft Succulent green leaves, also a new In Color.
One of the things I love the most? You don’t have to worry too much about glue showing through this coloured vellum! You still want to be a bit careful, but I used a sponge and my liquid glue to adhere the tulip and glue dots for the leaves and you can’t see either of them!!
Multilingual Embossed Greeting
I love love love the new Thanks and Hello embossing folders. There are so many different languages for you to say thank you – 34 actually! So this small little folder will work for soooo many people. Plus, it fits in either the regular or mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machines.
Beautifully Coordinated Bow
Each of the new In Colors has a pretty matching ribbon. Achieve seamless coordination with the tulip leaves with a simple Soft Succulent bow. It’s the only accent this card needs!
OK, here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Very Vanilla notecard
- Very Vanilla – 1 7/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Fresh Freesia – 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Shimmer Vellum – scraps of Fresh Freesia and Soft Succulent
- Soft Succulent ribbon – about 7-8″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2. Run piece of Very Vanilla through Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the Thanks embossing folder. TIP: Try and place in the same position each time so your language is in the same place (mine is Thanks). See this video for perfect placement ever time. Glue to piece of Fresh Freesia with liquid glue. Adhere Fresh Freesia to front of note card.
3. Punch tulip flower from scrap of Fresh Freesia shimmer vellum. Punch one leaf from the Soft Succulent vellum. TIP: TURN VELLUM OVER and punch a second leaf.
4.Dab liquid glue over the back of the tulip and glue onto left hand side of the embossed vellum. TIP: See this video for how to add the glue.
5. Place both leaves onto a separate glue dot (you can JUST see it in the up-close pic above) and align with the bottom of the flower. OPTIONAL: Curve the ends of the leaf with your bone folder first if desired.
6. Create a bow and place onto a glue dot then place onto the right hand side of the card.
There you go! Easy peasey, lemon squeezy!
For another fun idea you can make with the tulip punch, check out this 3D treat box!
Over to You!
Create a simple yet stunning design like this with your own supplies. Patterned paper will give you a totally different look – try one with foil maybe! Or pick up a package of this brand new (and wonderful) Shimmery Vellum specialty paper. Add any of the supplies I used into your own craft space by clicking on any of them here.Simple Embossed Card
What Would You Like to See?
I love creating with you in mind! And I get such a charge out of hearing you got some inspiration to jump into your craft space! I’d love to hear what types of projects you’d like to see me feature.
Click here to leave a comment.
And what’s even better? With how quick this design is to make, you could make half of the notecards as little ways to say hello, and the other half as thank you’s. Then you’ll have a stash to pull from any time!
One final thing? It’s always nice to match the envelope to your card. And it’s easy to do with the Timeless Tulips stamps.
There’s something so satisfying about making a simple embossed card that is quick and stunning – give one a try and see how much fun it is too!