If you’re short on time and want a simple friend card made with hearts that doesn’t look anything LIKE simple, this card is IT! It’s Keep It Simple Sunday so time for a fast card!
In fact only five quick steps and you have this card ready to address and pop in the mail! Get them below so you can make this card today!
Isn’t it spectacular?
No matter what your friend’s favourite colour is, you’ve got it covered with the beautiful rainbow glimmer paper! It’s got a cool ombre effect which is so popular right now. TIP: Learn how to create your own non-sparkly ombre like paper with my quick video.
One wonderful thing about our glimmer paper is the almost complete absence of stray sparkles to clutter up your card! And who doesn’t love a little bit of sparkle on their cards, but just where YOU want it?
I picked just one of the colours from the rainbow paper to highlight, Coastal Cabana, and added the larger heart with the greeting. You could easily select a Rich Razzleberry or Highland Heather if those are your friend’s fave colours!
Two For One Card Making
The Detailed Heart die does most of the work here to make this a stunning card. Not only is it gorgeous. It’s one of our dies you can get double duty out of! Take a peek at this card here where it showcases the other half of this die!!
You have to love how Two for One Card making shortens up your paper crafting time!
How about we take a closer peek at the card design so you can recreate it with my easy-to-follow steps?
Simple Friend Card Made With Hearts
Here’s what really stands out for me about this card.
- Straightforward design with gorgeous stand-out paper!
- Minimal supplies and tools!
- Ultra fast to create and get into the post box!
- Generic greeting that can be used whenever you need to say hi to almost anyone on your card making list!
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it yourself.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Rainbow Glimmer paper – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Shimmery white cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Coastal Cabana cardstock – scrap
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold Shimmery white card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2. Die cut Detailed Hearts dies from Rainbow Glimmer paper and use die brush to remove inset hearts. TIP: Use these hearts for another purpose (like a shaker card!).
3. Place liquid glue onto back of hearts die and glue entire piece onto card front.
4. Stamp greeting from the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set with Versamark ink onto scrap of Coastal Cabana. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat to melt.
5.Cut out heart shape with die cutting machine and Stitched Be Mine dies. Add dimensionals to back of the heart and position in place. TIP: Apply a dot of liquid glue onto dimensional after removing backing so it if is in contact with the glimmer paper, it will stick better.
There you go! An exquisitely easy design that looks pretty posh!!
It’s Your Turn Now Paper Crafter!
If you don’t have the Rainbow Glimmer paper, grab some here and crank up the die cutting machine. Or create your own ombre paper and try it that way. Add any of the supplies I used into your own craft space by clicking on any of them here.Supplies I Used
She’ll Love It!
I just know your friend will love receiving your card. It’s not too lovey dovey and conveys just the right amount of fun and good cheer.
So go ahead and make up a couple just like this with two for one card making, then throw your simple friend card made with hearts in the mail to brighten up her day!