Today I’m sharing a simple handmade card for Christmas made with Nature’s Beauty stamps. Not only are these stamps exquisite, they’re a way to make a difference in our fast-paced world. Keep reading to see exactly how you can do this.
Plus as you know, it’s KISS day (Keep It Simple Sunday) so you get all the steps to make a quick and easy project.
Did you notice this peaceful Nature’s Beauty set? It’s tucked away on the inside back cover of the Holiday Catalogue.
Here’s a better look at the lovely wildlife and nature images you will find.
But there’s something really special about this set. $4 of every stamp set sold in Canada will be donated to the Center for Addiction and Mental Health. I love how Stampin’ Up! is giving us a way to make a difference in our world simply by doing what gives us joy.
Get your Nature’s Beauty and contribute to this exceptional cause.
And you know what? There’s also something special about this card. You can probably make a ton of these in less than an hour.
How Can You Make 20 in an Hour?
- working with pre-cut and scored notecards
- using your Stamparatus
- adding watercolour with your ink refill and Aqua Painter
Let me give you the measurements and instructions.
Simple Handmade Card for Christmas
Cuttin’ It Up!
- one package of Whisper White notecards and envelopes
- Gray Granite – 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″
- Watercolour paper – 3″ x 4 1/2″
Let’s Make It!
- Place the deer stamp on one of your Stamparatus plates. Add the greeting (from Merry Christmas to All) on a second plate.
- Place your watercolour paper in the Stamparatus, then stamp deer in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Ink words with Gray Granite stamp pad and stamp.
- Add a drop of Gray Granite ink refill to an acrylic block.
- Run an Aqua Painter filled with clear water on top of the deer. Pick up some of the ink from the block and touch it to the water. TIP: Get my tips for watercolouring here.
- Glue to Gray Granite panel then to front of folded notecard.
It’s Your Turn to Create
You know that wonderful feeling we get when we have time to relax, tune out all our responsibilities and craft? Just think how our own mental health gets a boost when we do.
So here’s one way you can give a boost to many others who experience mental health challenges AND get some downtime for yourself. Just a little click on the image below WILL make a difference.Simple Handmade Card for Christmas
Give It Away
Another way you can get a lift and make somebody’s day? Send your handmade card. Throw it into the post or even better? Hand deliver it and see the impact it makes.
Thank so much for taking time out of your busy day to take a peek at my designs. I’m blessed to have so many crafting friends around the world.
When you’re next making a simple handmade card for Christmas I hope you’ll consider the Nature’s Beauty stamps – and take a moment to congratulate yourself for making a difference in someone’s life.