Do you ever need a fast card – how about we make a simple peek through card? Even with a die cut this card is a breeze to make in no time flat!
Perfect for a last minute procrastinator like I can sometimes be!
Take a peek!
Isn’t it sweet?
I do love these little fireflies!
When we were in Italy in 2015, one night when we were walking home from our dinner, these little flies lit up the night flitting around us.
It was magical!
Let me give you the supplies and measurements to make this one if you like.
Simple Peek Through Card
What supplies do you need?
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Thick Basic White – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4, one tiny scrap
- Sheer Lemon Lolly ribbon – about 3-4″
Let’s Make It!
- Place your Deckled Rectangle Die on the right hand side of the card front then run through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine. REALLY IMPORTANT TIP: Be sure to open it flat before cutting!!
- Stamp greeting to the left of the opening. Then stamp 3 fireflies through the opening in Azure Afternoon ink. Stamp the tiny firefly on the scrap of Basic White cardstock also in Azure Afternoon and crop with the matching die. Attach a mini dimensional to the back and set aside.
- Open the card. Stamp the fireflies “glow” over top of the fireflies with Lemon Lolly ink, then add the trail also in Lemon Lolly.
- Create a loop with the ribbon and attach to a glue dot and fasten to the front of the card – trim as necessary. Attach the tiny firefly on top. Add one small Lemon Lolly adhesive backed solid gem above greeting.
- OPTIONAL: Swipe your Wink of Stella pen over the bodies of the fireflies.
You have to admit it’s a delightfully quick card to make, isn’t it?
To create your quick card just like mine, a quick click here gets you to all the supplies I used that so you can pin, print or order what you need!
What if you wanted to step up this card a little bit?
PS If you’d like to see how you could step up this card, I think you’ll love this double embossed peek through daisies card. It’s even got a video to watch to see exactly how to make it!
Thanks so much for popping by my blog today. I have a question for you. Would you love to see other quick and easy cards on my blog? Let me know in a comment!
Click here to leave a comment.
Try a simple peek through card – it’s just a little bit different and adds an element of surprise to your friend who opens it up at the mailbox!