Today’s simple rubber stamped birthday card is one you can make for anyone on your list. Young or old(er), big(ger) or small, male or female, adult or kid. They will love to get one of these in the mail!
Rubber stamping with bright cheery colours gets you happy too! Take a peek at this cute design.
So… minimal rubber stamping yes, but tons of fun with a few key elements.
Jo’s Design Tips for a Simple Rubber Stamped Birthday Card
- Choose three coordinating colours. I’m using the soon-to-be retiring Lovely Lipstick and Pineapple Punch with the bold Gorgeous Grape.
- Let your greeting take centre stage! A bold black on the crisp Whisper White stands out.
- Crop a few dies for texture and interest. I cut three banners from the Bonanza Dies in matching colours and glued them to the top of the card extending them over the edge. TIP: Snip off the extending pieces by turning the panel upside down and running your Paper Snips along the edge.
- Add some whimsical stamping. The little starburst stamped randomly in each of the 3 colours both frames the greeting but allows lots of white space to show.
- Pick one colour to mat the Whisper White panel with. It grounds the entire card. (It’s also what I matted the inside punched out greeting with – yes, you don’t want to forget the inside!)
The Stamps Make All the Difference
With the Birthday Bonanza stamps and dies, card making can be quick and easy! With super cute and fabulous results!
It’s one of the most versatile sets in the January to June Mini Catalogue. Not only can you stamp these ultra cute critters, there are lots of dies, banners, tags and birthday hats to add a festive flair!
I shared another quick and easy rubber stamped birthday card with this fun set in this free pdf post, one that is a bit more masculine inspired. Be sure to take a peek.
Now It’s Your Turn
How about you grab a set of stamps and dies and hop into your craft area to recreate this card? Here are the measurements.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Thick Whisper White – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ (see my JO-Tips video for scoring cardstock)
- Regular Whisper White – 3 3/4″ x 5″, scraps
- Gorgeous Grape – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Pineapple Punch – scrap
- 2017-19 6″ x 6″ In Color designer series paper – scrap of Lovely Lipstick
- Brights 6″ x 6″ designer series paper – scrap of Gorgeous Grape
If you need any of the supplies, any image below will take you to my 24-7 online store where you can order and have it shipped directly to your home.Need Anything?
Thanks for Popping By
One of the best parts of my job is getting a chance to visit with other stampers. Be sure to leave me a comment or drop me an email at [email protected] so I can connect with you.
Before we say bye bye for today, here’s a last shot of our card.
Add this simple rubber stamped birthday card into your handmade designs and share your creativity with others – it’s fun and rewarding too!