Nothing’s better than a simple rubber stamped handmade card in someone’s favourite colours. In this case, purples! But you could make this in ANY colour combination!
It’s Keep It Simple Sunday so you get all the steps so you can make this card at home! Let’s see it!
Cardmaking doesn’t have to be hard. This card has no dies, no punches and really very little embellishment. But I think it’s still pretty eye-catching.
But have you ever wondered why some cards seem to have that extra “something”, and some don’t?
What Makes This Card Stand Out?
- that awesome retro-y stamp set itself?
- the playful off-centre arrangement of the focal point layers?
- some random stars paced sort of helter skelter down the card?
- the fun edging on the tri-colour ribbon?, and
- its three pretty purple tones?
You’ve probably figured out by now there were several sets, bundles and suites I love, love, LOVE in the 2020-21 Annual Catalogue. And the Nothing’s Better Than bundle is one of them. I think it’s absolutely perfect for so many quirky and fun greetings.
The 4 C’s: Coffee, Cookies, Cocktails and let’s not forget Chocolate. There has to be at least one of those things that friends of yours will LOVE!
Look how much fun this retro set it! How many permutations and combinations of words and images can we possibly create? Almost limitless I’d say!
Pair that with this super fun colour combo and you’ve got a winning handmade card in your hands!
I can’t take too much credit for this colour combo. It’s taken directly from the 3/8″ Tricolour ribbon which is a treat all by itself. So there’s a quick TIP for you. Take a close look at all the embellishments you have and see if you can’t use what you already have to give you some immediate colour inspiration!
Now let’s take a closer look at the card so you can re-make it at home in whatever colour combinations you love!
Simple Rubber Stamped Handmade Card
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Highland Heather cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock – 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″
- Gorgeous Grape cardstock – 2 3/8″ x 2 3/8″
- Purple Posy cardstock – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Tricolour ribbon – about 2 1/2″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold card and burnish fold line with your bone folder.
2. Stamp tiny stars onto front of folded cardfront in Gorgeous Grape ink. TIP: rather than cover the entire front, just stamp a random line from the middle top down to the bottom right re-inking and turning the stamp as move it.
3.Stamp cup solid image with Highland Heather ink onto bottom right of piece of Whisper White. TIP: Before stamping on the Whisper White, stamp off once onto a scrap of paper. Then ink the outline in Highland Heather and stamp directly over top. Add the words to the left with Gorgeous Grape ink.
4. Fray the ribbon by cutting it straight on one end. Pull the end out until the little string of plastic comes out and pull on that to unravel the ribbon. Glue it to the back of the Purple Posy.
5.Glue three layers from the bottom up. The Purple Posy is glued on straight so it aligns with the top and bottom and the ribbon extends to the left. Then adhere the Gorgeous Grape square on so it extends a little to the left. Lastly, add the stamped piece so it is centred over the Purple Posy,
6. Optional: Add a drop of Shimmery Crystal Effects to the middle of each of the stars. TIP: Use a VERY ight pressure to only leave a tiny bit of glue behind.
7. Optional: Stamp the bottom left of a Whisper White medium envelope to coordinate with your card.
And you’re done! A quick and easy card to make for anyone – especially if they love coffee or tea!
If you love getting into your craft room and whipping up a bunch of cards quickly, I’ve got another idea you might like!
Over to You!
What colours are you going to make this card in? Blues? Yellows? Greens? Any and all of them would be ideal for anyone on your card mailing list! Make and send them one today!
Get any of the supplies I used for your own card making by clicking on the image below. It will take you to my online store where you can grab whatever you need for crafting.Simple Rubber Stamped Handmade Card
What’ll It Be First?
Which stamps would you use first in this set?
Coffee? Like for my first card with this set? Or chocolate? Maybe it’s a cocktail kind of day. And cookies never go to waste in our house!
Whichever one you use, your card recipient can’t help but smile!
So why not craft a bunch of these great cards? They’re such a simple rubber stamped handmade card, you’ll be able to make a ton of them in no time!