Create this stunning handmade Christmas card with patterned paper for your festive greetings. It’s easy with Stampin’ Up!’s coordinated art packs of 12″x12″ paper on sale now for 15% off!
Let’s take a look at this beauty.
Dry embossing, die cuts, punches, foil paper, ribbon and a cool card design! All this going on with this one little card!
And while you might think the poinsettia is a rubber stamp I coloured, it’s not! I cut it from a sheet of my Poinsettia Place designer series paper.
My Top 6 Reasons to Use Patterned Papers in Card Making
Here are my number one reasons why I love to pull out my packages of Stampin’ Up!’s designer series papers to create with:
- Different colour combinations – designed by artists so you know your projects will be spectacular!
- Easy to cut images – so you can create focal points (like my poinsettia) with a pair of scissors and some fussy cutting.
- A mix of large and smaller patterns – so you can have options to be bold or more subdued in your crafting
- Full coordination between all 12 designs – so you can mix and match designs for quicker crafting
- All the colours are listed on the back – so you won’t make colour matching “oopsies”!
- Saves time! – all the guesswork is removed so you have more time for creating!
Let’s see the entire set of Poinsettia Place designer series paper.
Stunning Handmade Christmas Card with Patterned Paper
Jo’s Design Tips
- emboss the entire background with the Wrapped in Texture embossing folder before cutting your smaller strip
- elevate your card with Foam Adhesive Strips
- frame your punched greeting with a second coloured punch you cut in half
- add lots of die cut and punched ‘foliage’ behind the poinsettia for interest
Love poinsettia? You’ll adore this card too, also made with designer paper with a vellum overlay!
Give It a Try!
It’s true there are a few more steps to make this card. But when you can cut out a fabulous focal point from a perfectly coloured and shaded piece of patterned paper? It immediately cuts (no pun intended 🤗 ) your design time in half!
Take a peek at all the designer papers available to make your crafting easier – and stunning! Add them to your own stash by clicking on any of them here and save 15% but only until October 31st.
See You Soon
Please come back and check out my blog often for a little shot of inspiration. I’m always busy creating so you can craft a bit more easily.
And be sure to let me know what you think of today’s project.
Click here to leave a comment.
Go ahead and give this stunning handmade Christmas card with patterned paper a try – you’ll have fun and your card recipient will absolutely love it – I guarantee!