I HAD to share this fun design for my sweet and simple holiday greeting! It might have a couple more layers than I usually feature on a Keep It Simple Sunday card, but it’s so cute!
Not only is it easy, it’s fast to craft up a few of these this holiday.
Once again I’m featuring my favourite “no peeking elf” from the #Elfie stamp set. Full of super cute and whimsical designs, it’s a must-have in your stamping stash, IMO 😉.
What Do I Like About This Card?
- Clean design with a classic and bold striped background
- One simple stamped image takes centre stage
- Soft and curly ribbon for dimension (which smooshes down and sticks in place when it needs to!)
- A contrasting jingle bell for a bit of musical notes
- Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the hat to catch your eye
OK, let’s make one!
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Real Red – 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4”
- Thick Vanilla – 2” x 5”
- Toile Tidings DSP – 3 1/4” s 5 1/2”
- Shaded Spruce – 3 1/2” x 5 1/2”
- Very Vanilla – 4” x 5 1/4”
- Real Red curly ribbon – about 22”
Make a Sweet and Simple Holiday Greeting
1. Adhere Shaded Spruce panel to front of folded cards. Set aside.
2. Stamp image with Memento ink onto middle of Thick Very Vanilla piece. Colour with Shaded Spruce, Real Red, Mango Melody Stampin Blends combos as well as the Ivory Stampin Blends. TIP: See my top tips for colouring in smaller areas here.
3. Insert end into Delightful Tag topper punch and punch. Remove and insert other end and punch. Add strips of foam adhesive to sides, top and bottom of tag.
4. Thread curly ribbon into bottom hole from the front and pull up and through the top hole leaving more ribbon extending from the bottom. TIP: Let hang loose for a minute while you remove the backing on the foam adhesive strips and centre onto patterned paper. You can see the foam adhesive strips here on the completed card.
5. Now wrap bottom ribbon around back of DSP and bring to the top to tie with the other end. TIP: Tie one knot, then thread on your Shaded Spruce jingle bell and tie in a bow. TIP: Have a snug fit, sort of like Goldilocks’ bed…not too tight, not too loose, just right! Trim ends.
5. Add Tear and Tape around patterned paper on top of ribbon and place onto Shaded Spruce panel.
Optional: Add the same striped DSP to your envelope flap for a totally coordinated card!
Now It’s Your Turn!
While there ARE a few more steps to make this card, I hope you agree it’s simple too. Not to mention, ultra cute.
So why not step into your craft space and create one just like it? Here are all the supplies you’ll need. A simple click on any image will have the UPS delivery fella knowing on your door in about a week with your new goodies – still with lots of time to craft for Christmas.Sweet and Simple Holiday Greeting
See You Next Time
I’ve been crafting simple designs for you to copy for awhile now. In fact this sweet card from last year has all the steps too so you can save more time!
I’ve got more ideas up my sleeve for easy holiday crafting coming your way. Make sure you bookmark my site to see what I’ve come up with for even more sweet and simple holiday greeting.