Do you want a wedding card to make for their special day? This one is glamorous without being too “bling-y” so the groom will love it as much as the bride!
Before we get to that though, here’s a question for you…
Do you shy away from making cards in neutral tones? Since they might seem a little too sombre? Or too boring?
Well, I guarantee this one isn’t boring when you add in the shiny silver flowers and twine.
The photos really don’t do this card justice and it’s too bad.
What’s not to like about:
- shiny embosssed flowers?
- a perfectly framed design
- simple but effective layout
- an inside to match (see below)
The stamp set is one I think is a little overlooked in the catalogue, Lasting Joy. You can find it on page 64 of the 2023-24 Annual Catalogue. Part of the attraction for me was the gorgeous sentiments. But this was also closely followed by the solid image stamps.
Here’s the whole set so you can see the lovely greetings!
Did you notice, I only said “stamp set”?
Yup, unfortunately, you won’t find any dies in the catalogue – or anywhere else. But that’s really not the end of the world! You can fussy cut them!
See exactly what that means and how to make is easier in this video what is fussy cutting!
Wedding Card to Make for Their Special Day
There are lots of beautiful elements on this card so how about a few tips to make it?
- The solid image really allows you to pick up lots of shiny embossing powder which is stunning
- stamping in the background onto the Pebbled Path with Pebbled Path ink add to the overall design
- I used the same colour of ink (Pebbled Path) for the greeting. You could also try Tuxedo Black, or Versamark with silver embossing powder for a different look
- be sure to add simension to the large and small flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals
Let’s see a close up of the pretty flowers.
You don’t want to forget the inside of a design like this either. Use your Pebbled Path to carry the theme from the front of the card to the inside.
Now what if you don’t need a wedding card? No worries.
Turn this into a congratulations card, a shower card, a birthday card or even a sympathy card. .Whoever receives it will really appreciate the care and time you took to make it with them in mind.
Time to Make One Up!
Here’s what you need to know to make one yourself.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Basic Black – 4 1/4 x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic White – two pieces 4 ” x 5 1/4″, scraps
- Pebbled Path – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- silver Simply Elegant Twine – about 10″
If you’d love to try this design using the same items I did, simply click here to pin, print or order to have it shipped directly to you. Thanks so much for choosing me as your Canadian demonstrator.
I really appreciate you stopping by today to see what I’m creating – and the next time you need a wedding card to make for their special day, I hope you think of this one!