I often get asked by beginner stampers, “what do I need to start rubber stamping?” It can certainly be overwhelming when you start a new craft.
But it doesn’t have to be. I’ve got a video to show you what I think are the top 8 items to get you started.
This is the 2nd video in my series of Beginner Paper Crafting Tips. I want to make sure you get off on the right foot when you start this rewarding hobby.
If you are just starting out with rubber stamping, and even if you’re a seasoned stamper, don’t miss the video too as I’ve got lots of little tips sprinkled in for how to use these items for great cards!
There are so many things you can add into your rubber stamping toolboxes. In fact we have a whole catalogue full of enticing things!
But let’s not overdo it to begin.
Let’s see what I think you should start out with.
What Do I Need to Start Rubber Stamping?
Click the triangle to see it now.
What are those tools again?
Here’s a quick list of those 8 tools again (and a link below to see where you can get them).
Before we start with this list, you will also need these regular paper crafting tools I talked about in this post.
- Paper – Basic White or Very Vanilla plus colours in your favourite colour family and/or designer series patterned papers
- Stamps – whatever you like in rubber or photopolymer – you can check them all out here
- Clear acrylic blocks – in sizes for the stamps you own
- Ink – a basic black like Memento Tuxedo Black (plus a few colours if desired)
- Grid paper – to stamp on and help you keep things straight
- Stampin’ Pierce Mat – especially for photopolymer stamps
- Simply Shammy – a super fast cleaner
- Take Your Pick – great for all kinds of tasks
You can click here to see all these items (and my top 5 tools for paper crafters) to save and add to your wish list. Or I would be very happy to have you also purchase some if you live in Canada. Thanks!
Again, this post is a bit of a departure from my normal ones. I don’t have any pretty cards or neat techniques. Rather, it’s something I think is beneficial to beginners and those of us who have been rubber stamping for awhile.
Be sure to watch for more videos in myBeginner Paper Crafting Tips series. My next one will answer “What Do I Need to Know to Make Cards”?!
But let’s not jump ahead too quickly. For now, if you’re just getting started and have any questions about what do I need to start rubber stamping, be sure to give me a shout at [email protected]!