Have you ever thought to yourself “Which black ink pad should I use when?” If you did, you are not alone! It can be confusing when you’re not too sure which one to reach for. So I put together a quick video to help you out.
Maybe you’ve seen different crafters using each of these black stamp pads?
And while it may be completely understandable to them why they’re using it you’re a little mystified? Why pick up the Memento when they could have used the StazOn? And vice versa?
After all, they’re both just black right?
Let me tell you a bit more in my quick video.
Which Black Ink Pad Should I Use When?
Click the triangle to find out when to use which one.
Let’s take a peek at the little treat project I made using the StazOn pad.
A quick and easy treat for the holidays
Isn’t it cute? And so easy!
A stamp, some StazOn, a clear envelope and you’re ready to make sweet treats for anyone!
- TIP: Cut off the top part of the clear envelope where the adhesive strip is before you start.
- Stamp randomly with your stamps using the StazOn pad (I used Merry Snowflakes – now on the Last Chance List) TIP: Take care to stamp slowly and straight up and down as the plastic will be slippery. Let dry (it won’t take very long) then fill with candies. TIP: Be sure to clean your stamps right away with Stazon cleaner to keep them in good condition and avoid staining.
- Stamp the greeting with Real Red onto Thick Basic White and crop with a Stitched Rectangle die and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Crop one large snowflake from the Black Glitter paper (now retired but you could also use red foil or silver or even Real Red cardstock)
- Tie a length of Real Red Ruffled ribbon around the bag and thread through the snowflake tying it in a bow.
- Add SEAL+ adhesive to the back of the greeting on the left hand side only and affix to the snowflake. Add Holiday Rhinestones as desired.
Click here to get a list of all the supplies I used that you can pin, print or shop form.
If you like this idea, here’s another super cute and simple treat holder to make this holiday season.
Have You Got a Question?
I’d love to take a crack at answering any of your paper crafting questions in video form. Leave your comments here.
Click here to leave a comment.
Give Both Inks a Try
I’m going to leave you with a closer look at that easy treat bag.
I hope there were a couple morsels of info you found out about the two different black inks Stampin’ Up! carries. So if someone were to ask you “which black ink pad should I use when” you’d be an expert at giving them the answer!