Get ready to spread some sugary joy with our Christmas crackers to make at home! Catch up on the Facebook Live replay and see how FAST and easy these little morsels are to craft with your own patterned papers and some pretty ribbon!
Guess what we packed these with? Decadent Lindt goodness! (Who doesn’t love those?)
These little boxes of bliss are not only delightful to eat but also a ton of fun to make. Let’s dive into the sweet world of crafting and create some for your Christmas bash that’s as choc-tastic as it gets!
If you’re wondering where you can catch us live, you can find me every Tuesday at 1 pm MT over on my Facebook page Design with Jo! You can find me showcasing a technique, a new product or a fun 3D item each week over there!
Feel free to come see us, pick up some tricks and tips and join in the crafting fun!
Christmas Crackers to Make at Home
You may be surprised at how fast this die is to put together. You’ll want to pick up some of my tricks so you get the same results every time!
Click here to see the video replay!
What makes our little treat box such a – well – ‘treat’?
Simplicity is key here. You can decorate these to the nines, but if you’re in a rush, you’ll find it’s one of the fastest little goodies SU! has!
What are the benefits to making your own crackers?
- you can pick whatever papers you have in your stash (you only need a piece that 5″ x 6″)
- mix and match all the stamps and inks you have to create a fun little greeting
- you can fill them with whatever you wish! Some other ideas our class participants had: lip balms, Andes chocolate mints, Hershey nuggets, mints, pieces of jewelry, crayons…really there’s no limit to what will fit in here!
I hope you also picked up some of the tips in the video?
- how to add your glue – and which glue I like the best
- where to start to adhere it together for the best results
- how to always get your bow to look even
- and many more!
Would you make these for your table?
Gift-giving becomes an absolute delight with our cute red and green packaging. I’m making mine for a pre-Christmas dinner evening with friends.
What event would you make these for? Please let us know!
Click here to leave a comment.
The FB Live gang enjoyed seeing both the cracker I made with the Regals DSP as well as those I made using the Merry Bold and Bright DSP (on the Last Chance List).
For another idea for a sweet and chocolately gift, take a peek at this cute hot chocolate gift pack!
How cheerful are these when you line them up together? Think what they’d look like on your festive party table!! Or nestled in amongst your holiday buffet? Or popped into a stocking or two?
Make It Today!
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Regals 6×6 DSP (Real Red) – 5″ x 6″
- Basic White cardstock – scrap
- Granny Apple Green foil – piece 1/2″ x 2″
- Parakeet Party Metallic Woven Ribbon – two pieces about 9″ each
To see everything I used to make this sweet cracker treat, click here for my supplies list you can print or pin or order from. I’m thrilled you chose to shop with me as your Canadian Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my post and video replay. Please make sure you follow me on Facebook so you don’t miss our next free paper crafting class!
And as we get closer to the festivities, may your holiday season be filled with chocolatey grins, belly laughs, and memories as sweet as Lindt chocolate balls when you share these Christmas crackers to make at home!