Want to see how to create dimension with dry embossing? Give a hybrid embossing folder a try.
This is the Sweet Citrus one and you can see a lot more of it in my simple card layout with options!
Now if you haven’t even seen a hybrid embossing folder before now, it’s totally understandable
Like me, while you may have noticed the cute lemons, limes and oranges stamps and dies, you probably didn’t realize the (almost) magical powers of the embossing folder! 🤪
Where’s the magic?
You use the embossing folder at the SAME TIME as you emboss to cut it out!
Doesn’t that fruit just about pop off the card? So bright and cheery. And absolutely delightful for a special thank you for a bright and cheery friend.
To make this card, there are three tools: the stamp set, the embossing folder, and a set of dies one that cuts out images from the embossing folder!
Here it is!
Create Dimension with Dry Embossing
What’s a bit more difficult to see in the card photo above is how the fruit themselves are also dry embossed!
Take a closer look so you can see how pretty it is…it makes you want to reach out and touch!
Tips to Make This Card
- Ink up your stamps and stamp first, then emboss and die cut at the same time
- Add dry embossing from the SAME embossing folder to a banner strip for more interest
- Use Versamark and white embossing powder for your greeting
- Create additional dimension by brushing on Flirty Flamingo ink around the edges of the Flirty Flamingo cardstock panel
- With so much going on colour-wise, keep your embellishments to a minimum. Just some Classic White Matte dots!
To make this card with the exact same supplies I used, simply click here to pin, print or order it and have it ship directly to your home. Thank you so much for choosing me as your Canadian Stampin’ Up! demonstrator.
Who would like me to send them this card?
I’ll randomly select a name from anyone who leaves me a comment between now (July 18th and 19th) and I’ll reply to let you know if you’re the winner. Then we can privately chat so I can get your mailing address! God luck!
Click here to leave a comment.
Give a hybrid embossing folder a try and create dimension with dry embossing – you’ll see just how all your images will pop off the card!