I hope you’re in the mood for easy autumn cards to make! What’s super great? You can make these ones without a die cut machine!
Because let’s face it…
Sometimes you just don’t have all the time in the world to make a card. In fact, you probably most often don’t have near enough time to spend in your creative zone!
So that’s where Designer Series Paper and your paper punches come in!
Pull out a pretty piece of paper and some punches that work together and you’re all set?
Which punches do I recommend?
- at least one circle punch (this is the 1 3/4″ one)
- a label punch (like this Handmade Tag)
- somethng to decorate and embellish (mine is the Bough punch where you can get two for one shapes cut out at one time!)
There’s Just Something About Colour Isn’t There?
I love love this colour combo. Pool Party and Lost Lagoon on the paper and I’ve added the bold touch of Pretty Peacock to pull out the colours.
Isn’t it amazing how colours make us feel? (Take a peek below to see if another version of this card makes you “feel” any different!)
Whether it’s joyful, nostalgic, warm and fuzzy or just plain happy, colours always evoke a mood!
This colour combo is a bit different for fall. Do you love it too? Or is it one you can give a miss?
Let me give you the supplies and measurements to make this one if you like.
PS If you’d like to see how to cut your card making time in half you’ll want to check out this post.
Easy Autumn Cards to Make
What supplies do you need?
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Lost Lagoon – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Pretty Peacock – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inked Botanicals DSP – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Vellum cardstock – scraps
- Basic White Regular – 4″ x 5 1/4″, scrap
- Pool Party Grosgrain ribbon – about 4 1/2″
Let’s Make It!
- Stamp your greeting in Pretty Peacock ink onto the scrap of Basic White. Cut out with the 1 3/4″ Circle punch. Also punch out the Handmade Tag punch from the scrap of Pretty Peacock. Adhere the two together and turn over.
- Punch leaves with the Bough punch from Vellum cardstock. Punch one more time, positioning it so just the smaller buds bough is cut out. Glue to the back of the greeting so the full leaf and buds extend from the top left and the remaining buds extend to the bottom right. Turn over and add dimensionals to the back. Set aside.
- Glue DSP to the Pretty Peacock panel. Wrap the ribbon around the panel, adhering it to the back side with some Stampin’ Seal. Add liquid glue and glue to the front of the folded cardbase.
- Remove dimensional backings and place over the ribbon on the right hand side. Embellish with a few Tinsel Gems 4 Pack.
And you’re done!
To create your easy and fun card just like mine, a quick click here gets you to all the supplies I used that so you can pin, print or order what you need!
What about different colour combos?
There’s another paper from the Inked Botanicals I think works great for a fall card. With a mix of Calypso Coral and Petal Pink, why not have a softer version as we head into this autumn time of year?
Now I’d love for you to tell me which colour appeals to YOU the most in our cards? Let me know in a comment!
Click here to leave a comment.
Thanks so much for popping by my blog today.
And remember if you ever need a card FAST, how about these easy autumn cards to make up in a flash using fabulous Designer Series Paper and your paper punches ?