You’re in the right place to learn how to make a FAST DIY black and white birthday card for anyone on your card giving list! I’ve got all the steps for you to make it right here!
Plus I’ve got a secret! Wait until you see it below!
This is totally a versatile card.
I love the generic type of patterned papers. This black and white one can work for guys or gals, little or big kids. The Perfectly Penciled DSP is ideal for this! If you’re in the mood for flowers, there’s plenty of designs; graphic lines and dots are your thing? It works a treat!
I’ve used the lighthearted font for my Happy Birthday in the Go To Greetings stamp set, which is young and whimsical. But you could easily choose another font from the same set. It’s cool how SU! (with Million Dollar sales earner Sandi Hartka) created this one with the same greetings repeated in 4 different fonts. The ones we use most often on our cards.
See them all!
How to Make a Fast DIY Black and White Birthday Card for Anyone!
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make this versatile design at home today. When you make it, use whatever paper you have on hand and you’ll have a totally personalized and original card.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Basic Black cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″, 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ strip
- Basic White cardstock – 2 pieces 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP – 1 piece 4″ x 5 1/4″
Let’s Make It!
1.Find the lightest side of your DSP and make a pencil mark at 2 1/4″ on the left long edge. Make another mark on the right long edge at 1 1/4″. Insert the paper into your paper trimmer and line it up so the pencil marks are in the middle of the cutting channel. Make your cut so you have two pieces. Glue the larger DSP to the Basic White panel lining up the bottom, left and right edges,
2. Insert Basic Black strip into the Fern 3D embossing folder and run through your die cutting machine. Glue it to the front of your card panel above the DSP. Trim off the excess on either side with your Paper Snips.
2. Stamp your choice of greeting from the Go To Greetings in. Tuxedo Black Memento ink along the bottom right edge,
4. Glue white panel to the front of the folded Basic Black card. Glue inside panel to inside of card.
5. Add one Flower Trinket beside the “birthday”. I used silver, but you might like the gold or champagne one.
Your Turn Card Maker!
What’s the secret?
You can make two cards at one time by using that other cut off piece of DSP. Cut all the rest of the supplies the same and make a different design. You might like to try a different card orientation like on this quick and cheerful butterfly card.
I’ve listed everything I used so make a simple click to see all the supplies you can pin, print or order from!
Whether you do this card in black and white like me, or in bold, bright colours, or even some soft subtle ones, every time you will have a super design.
Now you know how to make a FAST DIY black and white birthday card for anyone, feel free to play around with different embossing folders, greetings and colours – be creative and have fun!