Let’s wish all the dad’s out there Happy Father’s Day 2022! And if you’ve left the crafting of your card for your dad just a tad late, here’s one you can copy that takes hardly any time at all to make!
I’ve got all the instructions – and another suggestion for the paper) for you below to make this card.
What do you notice first? The awesome New Horizons DSP or the Stitched Greenery background?
I do think the Stitched Greenery has been a bit overlooked in the catalogues. But I love how it give the stitching lines all over your card for a great background.
Sort of like dry embossing,..but not really!
This sketch is one you can easily start adding into your own repertoire for go-to designs!
Let me tell you how to make one really quickly.
Happy Father’s Day 2022
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Evening Evergreen cardstock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Soft Succulent cardstock – 3 3/8″ x 3 3/8″
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock – 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″
- New Horizon’s DSP – 3″ x 3″ (see my note below about making your own watercolour background)
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold Evening Evergreen card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2. Insert the front of the card into the Stitched Greenery die and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Fold closed again and re-burnish.
3. Stamp greeting with Night of Navy Ink onto middle of watercoloured New Horizons DSP**. Add some seagulls as well. Glue to the Blackberry Bliss square, then to the Soft Succulent square. Add dimensionals to the back and adhere to card to the left.
4. Add two rustic dots as shown.
And that’s all it takes!
What if you didn’t get the New Horizon’s DSP…and now it’s sold out?
You can make your own watercoulour background quickly and easily. Check out this video to see the how-to!
Over to You Stamper!
If you’ve left it to the last minute and you’re seeing dad tonight for dinner, it’s not too late. Grab some of your own watercolouroed papers (see this blog for another great way to make a background), a stamp, block and some ink and away you go!
Or if you like, click here to see all the supplies I used that you can pin, print or order from!
With how quick this design is to make, your dad won’t even know it was a last minute card!
I hope you enjoyed that card…and learned a few watercolour tips too!
Happy Father’s Day 2022!