If you’re headed out tomorrow night, help someone else start the year off with a bang with this glitzy Happy New Year Card for 2023!
And even if you’re not venturing out, pull out your metallics embossing powders and your Versamark pad. It’s time to have some fun!
It’s hard not to be impressed with the molten metallic that happens with a heat tool and those little pieces of plastic called embossing powders. Melt them down and it adds a touch of magic to every single card you make.
But are you ready to do a little dance of joy?
Heat embossing gets even better when you mix up your powders to create a background like this one (which is slightly different than the first one you saw up above.)
Happy New Year Card for 2023!
Have you ever tried to emboss with a mix of metallics like this? Find out exactly how to do it in a video on my blog post heat embossing techniques backgrounds.
And while the technique is pretty easy, the results definitely catch EVERYone’s eye!
Did you notice there’s actually two different techniques on this card.
The first is the one I want you to check out in this video from a couple years back where I did much the same thing with the Marbled background stamp. (That one just might be my favourite big stamp of ALL time!) A big TIP for that? Use your Stamparatus stamp positioner to ink the large background perfectly.)
What’s the Second Technique?
The graduated foil embossing on the tag.
Here’s how to do that:
- Stamp and emboss your greeting first with black embossing powder.
- Then lay your tag on some scrap paper (or a Silicone Craft Sheet) and firmly tap your Versamark pad all over the right hand side of it, TIP: make sure the entire right side of the tag is covered with ink.
- Dip a small bit of the tag right into a container of gold embossing powder and shake off the excess (TIP: keep your often-used powers in a platic container with a wide lid so it’s easy to add the powder to your project.)
- Now sprinkle the silver to the left of the gold powder and tap off the excess.
- Lastly sprinkle the copper on the remaining Versamark ink and shake off any excess.
- Heat the powder until it melts.
Here’s everything you need to make this cool card to celebrate a Happy New Year!
If you’d love to learn more about the magic of heat embossing, check out my online class you can do at home, Heat Embossing for Cardmakers.
Lots of Versatility with This Technique
What about if you’re reading this after the year has changed from 2022 to 2023?
Change up the greeting and craft a super birthday card for your dad. Or wouldn’t it be awesome as a congratulations for your cousin who just graduated from beauty school? It even wouldn’t go amiss as a wedding card!
Whoever gets a card like this from you will absolutely love the nifty new technique you tried. Whether or not it’s a Happy New Year Card for 2023!