If you’re getting down to the wire here are some ways to step up a make it in minutes Christmas card with gnomes! You’re saying…what? It’s got heat embossing! What makes it so quick?
- Pre-printed pattern and image papers
- one large background stamp
- your Stamparatus stamp positioner
- optional “Glam it Up” steps!
With the Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper, you CAN whip up this card in minutes! And even if you want to step it up a bit, I’ll talk you through the steps so you can make it at home with plenty of time to spare!
I’ve got all the instructions for you below to make this happy card.
I love using the large background stamps for quick card making! This Snow Crystals snowflake is beautiful and so easy to use!
My best tip is to pull out your Stamparatus whenever you’re using a large stamp like this. Just in case you miss a little bit of ink in a spot, it’s so easy to ink up the stamp again and stamp it in EXACTLY the same place! What a time – and money – saver!
Can you think of someone on you “special” Christmas card list who would love this one? I can on my list!
What are the three step-it-up options on this design?
First, you can stamp the snowflake in a coloured ink. (I might try Coastal Cabana or Bermuda Bay so it stands out a bit more.
Or… like I did on this card, heat emboss it with white embossing powder.
Then why not give it even a little more WOW by blending colour over the snowflake to accent it even more?
Next you can glue down your gnome to adhere it in place. Or…pop him up on dimensionals. And for an extra special touch, spruce up his eyebrows and beard with a little white embossing to add a bit more texture!
Let’s get started!
Make It in Minutes Christmas Card with Gnomes
Here are the surprisingly short list of supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Pool Party cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Storybook Gnomes DSP -1 snowflake patterned piece 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, one piece with a preprinted gnome in your choice of gnome, cut out
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold Pool Party card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder.
2.Cut out your choice of gnome from the DSP, I liked this one since I could glam up his beard easily (see below).
3. Stamp greeting from the Coastal Cabana ink onto the bottom left of the panel. (Optional: stamp with your stamparatus for perfect placement).
4.Place the DSP panel into your Stamparatus and place the large Snow Crystal stamp in place so it will stamp over the left edge of the paper. Stamp with Versamark ink. TIP: You may need to ink up and stamp a couple times to make sure the entire snowflake is fully inked. Remove the DSP from the Stamparatus and sprinkle the snowflake with white embossing powder and heat.
5. Pick up a little Pool Party ink with your Blending Brush and lightly swirl over the centre of the snowflake gradually lessening the amount of ink as you move away from the middle. Wipe lightly with a dry tissue to remove any ink that is sitting on top of the white. Glue to front of card.
6. Squeeze out a little bit of white craft ink onto a clear block. Pick up some ink with your smallest Water Painter brush and brush onto the gnomes eyebrows and beard. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat. Add dimensionals to the back and adhere to card to the right of the greeting.
7. Add one large iridescent rhinestone to the middle of the snowflake.
If you like the idea of adding a bit more POW to your designs (and you love the gnomes as much as I do), you might like to try these 4 easy tricks to step up your card making to WOW your friends too.
Time to Stamp!
Time to get crafting as we really are coming down to that Christmas wire! If you like, click here to see all the supplies I used that you can pin, print or order from!
With how quick this design is to make, whether you choose to step it up, or not! you can get a few made to send out in the mail today!
Oh and another thing? With these ways to step up a make it in minutes Christmas card with gnomes your’ll find the other snowflake patterns and different gnomes int he DSP will add lots of extra personality to as many cards as you need to make!