This simple thank you card to make is ideal for the guys! Even with cut out dies and a super easy stamping technique, it’s such a clean design, you’ll want to make a few of these!
Get all the instructions below to make this super card.
There are lots of little elements here that make this card stand out you can easily CASE!
- soft neutral colours
- understated greeting
- creating texture with stamps to look like the ground
- tearing technique
- and a second deer inside
Read on to see how to turn my tricks into yours!
Simple Thank You Card to Make
Here are all the measurements, supplies and steps to make it at home today.
Cuttin’ It Up!
- Gray Granite cardstock – 4 1/4″” x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Soft Suede cardstock – 1″ x 1 5/8″, scrap about 1 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, another scrap
- Very Vanilla cardstock – 4″ x 5 1/4″, 7/8″ x 1 1/2″
- Mossy Meadow cardstock – scrap about 2″ x 3 1/2″
Let’s Make It!
1.Fold Gray Granite card and crisp up fold line with your bone folder. Glue Very Vanilla panel inside.
2. Ink the ‘thank you’ stamp with Soft Suede and stamp onto small piece of Very Vanilla. Glue to the small Soft Suede rectangle and glue to the left of the card as shown.
3. Stamp the two trees stamp repeatedly over the larger piece of Soft Suede cardstock using either Soft Suede ink to give a very subtle texture to the paper to look like the ground.) Then tear the piece to create a feathered edge. (TIP: This video shows you how) Glue to the bottom right front of folded card base with liquid glue.
3. Clean the trees stamp then ink with Mossy Meadow and stamp onto the Mossy Meadow cardstock. Crop with the trees die. At the same time, crop the small and larger deer from the remaining scrap of Soft Suede.
4. Add dimensionals to the back of trees (TIP: you will need to cut two narrow rectangles from the sides of your dimensionals) and adhere to the front of the card. TIP: Lift up the “ground” slightly to fit the tree trunks under. Glue the small deer in place. Open the card and glue larger deer on the bottom right.
5. Add one Gilded Gem to greeting.
Give It a Try!
I love the nature “feel” of this card and think it would be great for a masculine card. What do you think?
Click here to leave a comment.
If you make nature-themed cards too, you won’t go wrong with this Grassy Grove bundle. I was lucky enough to have been lent this to play with while I was away from my own craft space for awhile. I fell in love with it!
For another classy and simple design using this wonderful Grassy Grove bundle that’s perfect for guys, click here.
Click here to see all the supplies I used on today’s card that you can pin, print or order from!
With this simple thank you card to make, if you like a little brighter colours, give them a try too – add your own personal flair and just have fun being creative!